Winter is coming in the northern hemisphere, and the energy cost shows few signs of returning to pre-pandemic levels. Some people are looking at backup devices for keeping the lights on, especially in areas where power cuts are frequent. Some of the leading brands on the market are EcoFlow, Böhmer-AG and Anker.
In a press release issued today, Ugreen announced the launch of its new PowerRoam 2200 Portable Power Station, which provides up to 2kWh of backup power. Ugreen also claims the device is ideal as an emergency power source for the home or for boats, RVs and camping pitches.
The PowerRoam 2200 features a speedy recharging cycle that uses Ugreen’s proprietary PowerZip Technology. The device can be recharged to 80% in around 50 minutes and fully charged after 1.5 hours. This faster charging time is something of a game-changer in portable power solutions.
Using its embedded U-Turbo technology, the PowerRoam 2200 can output up to 3,500W across six AC outlets, supporting 2,400W of output power through 16 different outlets. Ugreen says the PowerRoam 2200 has sufficient power for driving 99% of home appliances.
One of the standout features of the PowerRoam 2000 is its iFePO4 battery, which can be recharged for up to 3,000 times. A high-strength ABS shell shields the unit’s internal components, making it more durable for outdoor use. The battery longevity is partly due to a Battery Management System (BMS), which can protect against over-current, over-voltage and overheating.
With their heavy batteries and bulky casing, power backup solutions are difficult to move around. Ugreen has added a detachable polybutylene trolley to address this issue, making the unit much easier to move around.
In terms of expandability, the PowerRoam 2200 enables users to connect to five expansion batteries, taking the total available capacity from 2kWh to 12kWh. This feature makes it easier to prepare for emergency power cuts.
The PowerRoam 2200 has 16 outlets for powering a wide range of devices. The outlets include a specialized Anderson port for connecting to RV power appliances. Users can control the device with the Ugreen smartphone app, which offers real-time monitoring and control of the PowerRoam 2200 from anywhere at any time. The app can also access Quiet Mode, Power-Saving Mode, and Child Safety Lock functions.
Pricing & Availability: The Ugreen PowerRoam 2200 is available from today, and costs $1,999 in the U.S. from Amazon.com, and Ugreen.com. The recommended retail price for Amazon UK is £1,999, and €1,899 on Amazon EU.
More info: Ugreen.com
- Dimensions: 54 X 25 X 29 (cm) / 21.3 X9.8 X 11.4 (in).
- Weight: 25.5 kg/56.2 Ibs.
- Battery rating: 2,048Wh 40Ah 51.2V.
- Input: AC 100-130V~ 60Hz 15A Max.
- Solar charging (×2): 12-60V=15A (Single-Port: 600W Max, Dual-Port: 1200W Max).
- DC/Car charger: 12V/24V-8A Max
- Output: AC (x6) 120V~ 60Hz 20A 1800VA/2400W Max
- USB-A (x2): Single-Port: 5V-3A/9V=2A/12V=1.5A/5V=4.5A 22.5W Max / (Dual-Port: 5V=3A 15W Max)
- USB-C1: 5V=3A/9V=3A/12V=3A/15V=3A/20V=5A/28V==5A 140W Max.
- USB-C2: 5V-3A/9V=3A/12V=3A/15V==3A/20V-5A 100W Max.
- USB-C3/C4: 5V=3A/9V=3A/12V=3A/15V==3A/20V=2.25A 45W Max.
- Car Charger (×1): 12V=10A 120W Max.
- Anderson Output (X 1): 12V-25A 300W Max.
- DC5521 (X2)
- Single-Port: 12V-5A 60W Max, Dual-Port: 12V-10A 120W Max
- (Anderson + Car Charger + DC5521 X 2 = 300W Max)
- Total Output Power: 2,500W Max.